In addition to entrance scholarships, the UPEI Faculty Association supports the following on an annual basis:
Undergraduate Medals – Gold, Silver & Bronze
- Undergraduate Gold Medal: Student with the highest standing in third year. ($500)
- Undergraduate Silver Medal: Student with the second-highest standing in third year. ($400)
- Undergraduate Bronze Medal: Student with the third-highest standing in third year. ($300)
Graduate Medals – Master’s & Doctoral
- Master’s Medal: Current registration in the year following completion of one academic year of full-time equivalent Master’s study. ($500)
- Doctoral Medal: Current registration in the year following completion of two academic years of (i) full-time equivalent Doctoral study, or (ii) full-time equivalent study following transfer into a Doctoral program. ($500)
The Master’s and Doctoral Medal candidates will be reviewed by the Faculty Association’s Scholarly Merit Awards Committee. Academic achievement and scholarly promise for Master’s and Doctoral Medals will be based upon: Graduate transcript; CV/ Letter of application of no more than 500 words highlighting accomplishments, and reference letters from advisor and one other faculty member familiar with the candidate. Application deadline of September 30th.
All awards will be approved by the Senate Committee on Scholarships and Awards.