CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The UPEIFA’s Hessian Merit Award for Excellence in Teaching Committee is currently calling for nominations for this award. Each nomination must be made collaboratively by three or more sponsors & should be sent ELECTRONICALLY and are due by noon on Monday, November 16, 2020.
The Hessian Merit Award for Excellence in Teaching by a Sessional Instructor honors a sessional instructor for outstanding performance in teaching. This award publicly acknowledges an individual whose work has contributed to instructional excellence at UPEI.
Nominees for the award should:
- exhibit a comprehensive knowledge of the subject
- be habitually well prepared for teaching sessions
- have energy and enthusiasm for the subject and the capacity to arouse students’ interest in it
- encourage student participation in the teaching and learning process
- set a high standard and motivate students to attain that standard
- communicate effectively at levels appropriate to students’ capacity
- emphasize understanding of the subject over mere memorization (as appropriate) in evaluating student performance
- be accessible to students outside the classroom
- demonstrate excellence in teaching, including the use of innovative teaching techniques
- Nominees must be sessional instructors at UPEI who are teaching during the current semester.
- Nominees must have taught at least nine credit hours at UPEI before the term in which they are nominated.
- Nominees must not have received a Hessian Merit Award for Excellence in Teaching by a Sessional Instructor within the past five years.
- Students are welcome to nominate for this award and the process involves a simple form and letters of support.
All nominations should be sent ELECTRONICALLY to the:
Chair, Hessian Merit Awards for Excellence in Teaching Committee:
c/o Faculty Association Office